09/08/2011

Not-a-Filly!

We take a short break from the Pony proceedings for an update about...DOLLS!

More specifically, Dal dolls from Jun Planning; even more specifically, my first Dal and new model - Natty.

Now, along with painting, drawing and (of course) customising MLPs, I like to sew. I love fabrics and threads, ribbons and lace, beads and teeny tiny buttons... It's all fantastic! I also own several other Jun Planning dolls (Pullips) who are dressed in mostly ready-made clothes because as fun as creating doll clothing is, sewing to 1/6th scale is HARD. That's where Natty comes in.

Since Dal's have more childlike bodies, compared with Pullip's curves, it makes them a lot easier to fit and pattern clothes for; not to mention a great excuse to make pretty, girly dresses! These are some of my first attempts, so go easy on me guys, but Natty seems happy enough don't you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment